Julian Doherty. Resume
I want to work with smart people building cool and useful stuff, who value good
technology; pragmatic processes; getting on with the job; and delivering
customer beneﬁt with the minimum of fuss.
My ideal work environment would be at a small/medium company in a small,
autonomous, tight-knit team of talented individuals.
Envato. Feb 2012 - Current
- Senior developer, marketplace sites (activeden,
photodune). Complex Rails app serving hundreds of
millions of dynamic requests per month.
- Ongoing feature development. Planning, and architecting major projects.
- Agile, continuous delivery environment (~10 deploys per day). DevOps
- Had major input in developer recruitment process and doubling the team size in a
year from 10 to 20 developers.
Ruby. Rails. MySQL. Puppet. Redis. Memcached. Unicorn. Nginx.
- Senior developer on a number of public facing and internal projects.
- Main lonelyplanet.com site - mix of legacy Java
and newer rails apps. Integration, and new projects.
- Technical lead on “things to do” (e.g.
- Internal author tools. CoffeeScript/Backbone client side app, with RESTful
Rails backend. Chef for provisioning and managing servers.
Ruby. JRuby. Rails. MS SQL. MySQL. Postgres. PostGIS. Opensocial.
Backbone. AJAX. REST. Solr. Chef.
- Tech lead on utilities billing products
NBM). Leading team of 8 developers,
architecture, project managment, dealing with major clients.
- Senior Developer, Ruby on Rails consulting projects.
- Senior Developer, consulting at Sensis.
- Senior Developer, consulting at National Australia Bank.
Java, J2EE, Ruby, Rails, Hibernate, JBoss, JRuby, Oracle, Swing,
Flex, AJAX, JMS, JMeter
- IT support/helpdesk
- Network/server analyst
Java, J2EE, XML, JSP, MySQL
Bachelor of Commerce & Administration. Major in Information Systems and
Victoria University. Wellington, New Zealand.
Current version of this resume available at madlep.com/resume